Much Anger can lead to Heart Disease, but much Laughter can be the Antidote
Every one tends to get angry. This is a normal scenario and there could be a reason about your getting angry. The fact is that the way you deal with anger can impact your heart in a big way toward health or disease.
The relation of Anger to Heart Disease
If you tend to over react to anger every now and then you are very much likely to suffer from heart attacks. Prolonged emotional states of anger disturb the hormonal balance in the body, lead to overproduction of cortisol & adrenaline, high levels of which are a direct cause to heart and blood vessel disease.
- Anger can produce biological effects on our heart as well as arteries which is not good for health.
- Anger can lead to the production of stress hormones which can speed up the formation of fatty plaques in the arteries which can result in heart disease.
- The electrical impulses of our heart can be affected and disturbed if we are angry and this could be very dangerous for our health.
How to bring Anger under control
You should learn to notice the signs of your anger. The next time you feel your anger and heart rate increasing just remember to say few things to yourself so that you can keep track quickly.
- You should say that you cannot get anything in life by blaming other people no matter whether they are or they are not responsible for the problem.
- Does this matter even five years from now?
- I am still angry about the morning and now its afternoon. I would have better dealt with it in the morning and now I will be cool.
The relation of laughter to heart disease
We can correlate laughter with positive health of heart and laughter increases blood flow which reduces the blood pressure. Laughter also releases carbon dioxide which reduces inflammation and acidity from our body.
- The good thing about laughter is that it not only gives us physical benefits but also benefits us emotionally and psychologically. Heart attack can be due to mental stress. This results in inflammation which leads to the formation of fat and cholesterol in the arteries.
- The best thing about laughter is that it is a fantastic antidote for mental stress and reduces the level of stress hormone. It activates T-cells in our bodies which are specialized cells of our immune system.
- So we can say that apart from reducing stress and anxiety laughter can improve the performance of our immune system.
- Another major benefit of laughter us that helps in the expansion and contraction of our stomach muscles.
- In addition laughter releases endorphins which are natural pain killers and due to this laughter can help a lot in curing chronic pain of our body. You should have noticed that you feel better after a laughing session.
- It is often said that humor is infectious. In fact when we share laughter more and more people come close to each other. Moreover laughter also helps to make healthy physical changes in our body.
- It helps to strengthen our immune system, provide boost to our energy and give protection against stress. Laughter helps to bring back your body into balance.
Several ways by which laughter protects your heart
- By lowering blood pressure as this can reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack.
- By reducing the level of stress hormones in your body which will result in better immune system performance.
- By increasing the number of T-cells which boost your energy system and helps you to fight against sickness.
- By improving the function of blood vessels a this would lead to good circulation thus reducing the risk of heart disease
- By improving overall health of our cardiovascular system and laughter is a fantastic work out of cardio and gets your heart pumping and burns a descent amount of calories.
Different ways to laugh to keep your heart healthy and fit
Quite possible that you do not laugh much but there are several ways to create a good sense of humor. Here are some of the best ways to create a better sense of humor.
- Get a dose of humor
- You can watch a funny movie or hang out with your not too intelligent friend and you can see a stand-up comedy show.
- Play with pet
- Playing with pet is considered to be a great stress buster and it is a known fact that people who keep pets fall ill very rarely as compared to people who do not keep pets.
- Attend a laughter yoga class
- The laughter yoga class is a very exercise which teaches you to laugh. The best thing about this exercise is the more you practice the more you are able to laugh for your entire day.
Thus we see that laughter plays a key role in keeping our heart healthy and fit and we should laugh to our best as it improves our health and also helps us to fight against the heart disease. We should love a lot and this would keep u health fit and fine for the rest of our lives.